Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Mondrian Umbrellas


This lesson was inspired by a lesson I saw on Art Projects For Kids, posted from Blue Moon Palette, http://bluemoonpalette.blogspot.com/2010/09/mondrian-umbrella.html


We looked at clothing inspired by Piet Mondrian. Next we drew our umbrellas, no stencils. We divided up the space and colored with color pencil. My other school used markers.

We decorated a craft stick for the pole of the umbrella. I thought these made for some very striking work!

Third Grade efforts:




3 comments:

  1. Hi, I loved your idea. I made with my kids an umbrella with rain boots inspired on yours. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thibk this project was on my website http://bluemoonpalette.blogspot.com/2010/09/mondrian-umbrella.html
    thanks
    Mrs.Smith


    ReplyDelete
  3. Mrs. Smith, you're correct, I try to credit original sources but I couldn't remember the source when I posted this lesson, but I look at your blog frequently and I'm a fan of your work! I'll edit my post to give you credit.

    ReplyDelete