Thursday, January 20, 2011

My Family


I found this lesson on the Silver Graphics website.

Children talk about their family and I demonstrate drawing my family. We discuss different shapes we can use for each body part. I encourage the children to draw each person from their head to their feet. We get a lot of heads with legs, especially when its their very first art project. The children color their picture with crayons and add a background drawing, like suns, ground, clouds, and flowers.

Next the children paint the background using a wash of liquid watercolors. I limit their colors to three analogous colors, (red orange yellow; yellow green blue; blue purple red etc) so even if they mix they look nice.  The children love seeing the effects of the crayon resist!

Kindergarten work:



No comments:

Post a Comment